1) Principal faculty: Kypros Nicolaides, MD, MBBS, Professor of Fetal Medicine, Consultant in Obstetrics, Director Harris Birthright Research Centre for Fetal Medicine, King's College Hospital Medical School, London. The development of the course was supported by the Fetal Medicine Foundation (FMF), UK Registered charity #1037116.
2) Please note that there are two courses available on the web site. The only one which offers three continuing medical education (CME) credits is the one for medical practitioners . It lasts for three hours. It covers all the important aspects of first-trimester screening for chromosomal abnormalities, the diagnosis of major fetal defects, and screening for preeclampsia.
The course is compulsory for all healthcare providers wishing to obtain FMF accreditation in the measurement of nuchal translucency, assessment of the nasal bone, measurement of the facial angle, assessment of ductus venosus flow, assessment of tricuspid flow, and measurement of uterine artery pulsatility index. In order to be eligible for the CME credits, you must view the course in its entirety and complete the guided tutorial as well as course evaluations at the end of the session. The course can be completed at the participant's convenience and is designed in such a manner that the participant can stop and re-start it at any time. It is available in 18 languages. The second course (not for CMEs) available on this web site is designed for patients and lasts one hour.
3) Supplemental materials include The 11-13 Weeks Scan book in PDF format, which can be downloaded or printed off free of charge in the following languages:
4) This activity has been approved by Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio to provide CME credits. The CME credits are effective starting February 14, 2018 and will remain in effect until February 14, 2021.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of Wright State University (WSU) and Fetal Medicine Foundation. WSU designated this enduring material for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Educational Inquiries: For further information, please contact the Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine Continuing Medical Education Program, 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy. Dayton, OH 45435
For further information regarding program content, please contact email@example.com
5) Hardware/Software Requirements:
6) Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality:
The FMF will store and protect your personal data, your progress in FMF courses, and data and images submitted by you for the purpose of audit. The FMF will not pass your details to any third party unless requested to do so by you.
6) Copyright or copyright permission:
The text and images contained within the course are copyrighted to the Fetal Medicine Foundation. However, any text or images displayed in the course may be copied for educational purposes only and provided that the source of the copied information is stated, preferably with a link to the Fetal Medicine Foundation website.
7) Terms and conditions: